 |
| Here we are picking up Millie |
On Friday, June 8, 2012, we welcomed the newest member to our family: Millie. Yes, I gave in and said yes to a dog! Luke has been asking for a dog since he turned 3. Shortly after that I found out I was pregnant with Calise. So anytime he asked for a dog for the next 3 years, my answer was like: Sorry bud, you got a sister. He did not always like my responses but about a year and half ago Todd decided to let the kids start saving for dog. Todd did his research and decided that a Soft-Coat Wheaten Terrier would be the best match for our family. The kids saved saved saved and here we are picking up Millie to take her home. She was born April 14, 2012. The kids were super excited, especially Luke. Kindergarten ends and we get a new puppy all in the same week!
 |
| 1st Car Ride |
 |
| 1st Car ride |
 |
| Luke and Millie playing out back |
 |
| She snuggled right up to Calise her fist night with us |
 |
| Millie's favorite spot is the bottom shelf of our coffee table or end table in the living room. Not sure how much longer she'll fit! |
 |
| Calise and Millie |
 |
| Her favorite place to sleep. She'll lay underneath the pillows against the wall also. It's a bad habit since she'll get bigger, but you have to admit how cute is this picture? |
 |
| Millie's first walk with her leash 6/11/12 |
 |
| Wonder if Todd knew she was back there? lol |
 |
This was our nightly walk yesterday. Calise loves to wear dresses and skirts which are the perfect length for Millie to grab a hold of. I guess she thinks Calise is wearing a toy and teasing her each time they walk pass each other. We have been working with Millie not go bite Calise's skirt every time and for Calise to tell Millie 'no.' Todd says we have to train the kids not Millie. We feel like Millie has been with us way longer than 2 weeks. This journey is just beginning and the kids are loving every minute of it. Well, maybe, not Calise. She gets chased alot, lol. But there are times watching the three of them play that makes me happy to see my kids happy. I will admit that during this potty training stage of Millie's life, I think was this worth waiting for?
|
How fun to see a comment from you on my blog and then to find you have a blog! Oh my gosh have your kids gotten big or what? Luke was always my favorite lil sunbeam in primary and your baby girl was just tiny. They both are so big and so cute!
ReplyDeleteYour a much better mom than I.. My kids ask for a dog everyday.. And my answer is ALWAYS NO!! your lil Millie is darling! I love her name too! Have a wonderful Summer!! Xo