About a week ago I was driving home with the kids in the car and we starting talking about Todd's birthday. I was asking them questions like what kind of party should we have for him (Calise's response: he wants a princess party!), what kind of cake and what they would like to get him for birthday gifts. I asked should we go to the store and buy something or make him something from the house. Here is how the conversation followed:
Luke: "I want to get daddy an ipod"
Me: "Well, daddy has an iphone that has an ipod built inside. So we should probably think of a different gift."
Luke: "I want to get him the ipod in the machine at the mall that you have to cut the rope."
Me: "Oh, you want to play thegame and win daddy an ipod?
Luke: "Mommy, that's what daddy said he wanted. He's always tring to win one at the mall."
Calise: "I want to get daddy a beast doll (to match Belle) and make-up. Yup, that's what my daddy wants for his birthday."
Then the kids went on to tell each other that the gifts they had said weren't what daddy really wanted since their gifts were better than the others. Remember, my kids have the Wheeler competition gene, lol.
As they were 'talking,' I thought Luke has a love for the prize machines just like his daddy (how much have we spent to cut the rope to win the ipad?) and Calise knows that whatever is in the box, her daddy will love her to the moon and back. What will the kids get Todd for his birthday? It will be worth waiting for ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment